Chimney fire made home uninhabitable

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Photo courtesy Shoreline Fire
Sunday, November 6, just after 7am, Shoreline Fire was dispatched to a residential structure fire at the 19200 block of Whitman Ave N. 

A fire in the fireplace had extended into the walls and exterior. The fire was extinguished without any injuries to residents or crews.
Due to the damage, the home was deemed uninhabitable right now. Red Cross was able to assist the family.
As the weather is getting colder, Shoreline Fire advises that you double check for the last time your chimney was inspected and cleaned if you use a fireplace.


Anonymous,  December 28, 2022 at 8:53 AM  

I think this was caused by the chimney cap / shroud.

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP