Federal Meal Assistance funds available for qualifying child or adult day cares

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Child and Adult Care Food Program funds meals for children and eligible adults

The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s (OSPI) Child Nutrition Services section encourages eligible non-residential licensed child care centers, family day-care homes, homeless shelters, at-risk centers and some adult day care centers in Washington to participate in the federal Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).

The CACFP reimburses some costs associated with serving meals to children and qualified adults. In Washington state, the CACFP has been administered by OSPI’s Child Nutrition Services since 1989.

The following care centers and institutions may participate in the CACFP:
  1. Nonresidential licensed public or private nonprofit child care centers or family day care homes.
  2. For-profit child care institutions in which at least 25 percent of children served are low income based on the centers licensed capacity or enrolled capacity, whichever is less.
  3. Child care centers that serve at-risk children.
  4. Nonprofit homeless shelters that provide temporary residential facilities to children.
  5. Qualifying public or nonprofit adult centers, or for-profit adult centers that receive compensation under Title XIX of the Social Security Act for at least 25 percent of their enrolled adults, also are eligible for CACFP reimbursement.


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the Follow.it email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP