Shoreline Fire extinguishes house fire, saves dog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The kitchen fire damaged the exterior of the home
Photo courtesy Shoreline Fire

Shoreline Firefighters responded to a house fire Saturday in the 2100 block of NE 175th  St. They arrived on scene around 3:00pm to find the home fully involved with smoke, and flames coming from the kitchen area, where the fire began.

They quickly controlled and extinguished the blaze, and kept it from spreading to nearby residences and vehicles.  

The resident left food cooking on the stove
Photo courtesy Shoreline Fire

Fire investigators say a resident left food unattended on the stove, while working outside. The resident called 9-1-1 when he saw smoke and flames coming from his home.

The home had major fire, smoke and water damage throughout and will require extensive restoration.

Fire fighters saved Maggie
Photo courtesy Shoreline Fire
Firefighters saved an eight year old golden retriever who was brought from the house unconscious and unresponsive due to severe smoke inhalation.

They resuscitated the dog, Maggie, after several minutes of CPR and oxygen therapy. 

She was taken to the local emergency vet for observation and released a few hours later.



Anonymous,  March 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM  

What a great save, goldens are wonderful dogs.

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP