Friday, December 16, 2016
|Deadline for January 1 coverage through Exchange extended to December 23|
Washington consumers who qualify can sign up for health and medical plans through Washington Healthplanfinder until 11:59pm on December 23 for coverage that starts January 1.If you don’t qualify for a subsidy, you can purchase a plan on the individual market directly from an agent or broker. The deadline for Jan. 1 coverage varies by plan.
- Online: 24/7 at wahealthplanfinder.org.
- By phone: 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633). Normal hours are 8am to 8pm every weekday. Extended hours:
- Dec. 15 from 8am to 10pm
- Dec. 17 from 10am to 2pm
- Dec. 18 from 10am to 2pm
- Dec. 23 from 8am to midnight.
- Find help in person with a navigator or a broker.
If you miss the December 23 deadline, you can still get coverage. Open enrollment runs through January 31 for coverage that will likely start on March 1.
- Learn more about health insurance.
--Office of the Insurance Commissioner