Structure fire in Kenmore caused by bathroom fan

Thursday, June 28, 2012


Ceiling studs and toasted insulation at Kenmore house fire
Photo courtesy Northshore Fire


The Northshore Fire Department was dispatched at 3:23a.m. on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 to a house fire at the 19600 block of NE 65th.   One of the occupants was awakened by the smell of smoke and discovered fire in an upstairs bathroom. He quickly attempted to extinguish the fire and then all five occupants evacuated the house and called 911 to report the fire. 

Upon arrival, firefighters saw flames coming from the roof of the home and made a rapid interior attack. The fire was under control in approximately 10 minutes.  The Northshore firefighters were assisted by personnel from the Shoreline Fire Department and Bothell Fire Department.

The Northshore Fire Department Fire Marshal determined the fire to be accidental and was caused by an electrical malfunction of a bathroom fan. The fire damage is estimated to be $10,000. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries.

Working smoke alarms save lives. Remember to test your smoke alarms monthly.



1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

Just wanted to let you know that posting information like this works! I forwarded this article to my husband last week and this weekend he tested our fire alarm and went into our attic and capped off some loose electrical wires. Thanks for the reminder!

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP