My Child with a disability needs help learning in school - What do I do?

Saturday, November 4, 2017

My Child Needs Help Learning in School. What Do I Do?

Molly Baasch, Washington Education Association, explains how parents get help in school for their child with a disability.
  • What programs exist in school and how do we access those programs?
  • What is the difference between a 504 Plan and a Special Education IEP?
  • How do schools help students who have trouble with emotional regulation and executive function? What if my child is getting 'help,’ but is not making progress? 

Eastside CHADD meets Tuesday, November 21, 7-9pm, door open at 6:30pm for Children and Adults with Hyperactivity Attention Deficit Disorder.

Join us to learn how we can collaborate with schools to help our children progress and thrive. Ms. Baasch coordinates WEA programs to train parents and teachers in special education law.

CHADD Members - Free; Non-Members: Suggested Donation - $5

Meeting at Evergreen Healthcare (Formerly Evergreen Hospital Medical Center) Surgery and Physicians Pavilion 12040 NE 128th St, Kirkland 98034, Room TAN 101 (downstairs)


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the FeedBurner email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP