House explosion heard in Shoreline and LFP

Monday, September 26, 2011

ShorelineAreaNews readers from Echo Lake to Kenmore are reporting that they heard the explosion that shredded a house in the Pinehurst neighborhood of north Seattle, just north of Northgate, this morning around 6 am.

Our readers all say that they thought a huge tree branch had landed on their roof.

The couple who lived in the home smelled gas the night before. Apparently there was a gas leak in their home and the next morning, the simple act of flipping a light switch created a spark that ignited the gas in their home.

The wife has life-threatening injuries, both have 2nd degree burns, but they did get out of the house before it exploded into small pieces.

If you smell gas in or around your home, call PSE. Here's their safety page.  They say, 

"If anyone suspects a natural gas leak, leave the area and call Puget Sound Energy at 1-888-225-5773. A PSE technician will come on-site to investigate."


Carl Dinse September 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

I thought it was a blowout on the freeway, if it wasn't for the fact that my apartment shook at the same time.

Anonymous,  March 20, 2013 at 4:47 PM  

could this have been a Cross Bore problem??

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP