Victims of home explosion have strong ties to Shoreline

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hong (Phung) Ingham
Photo courtesy CRISTA
According to a new story on King, the couple who were injured in an explosion caused by a leaking gas service line (see previous story) have been identified as David and Hong (Phung) Ingham of Seattle.

There was a gas leak, possibly from corroded pipes, which allowed natural gas to pool under their home. When Hong flipped the bathroom light switch in the morning, the gas exploded. The couple were able to get out of the house before it continued to explode into small pieces and burn to the ground.

According to King 5, "Hong has been a food service worker at the Crestwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a part of CRISTA Ministries in Shoreline, for nearly ten years. Her brother and sister also work there."  According to our sources, another brother works for the school district.

CRISTA says that "Hong is currently in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center’s intensive care unit. David was discharged on the afternoon of Tuesday, September 27."

"100% of your donation at this page will be provided to Hong and David as they recover from the Sept. 26 tragedy. Thank you for your donation and prayers for their recovery."

ShorelineAreaNews readers reported hearing the explosion from Echo Lake to Kenmore.  Briarcrest readers who were home said that it sounded like a collision, whereas those farther north thought that large tree branches had fallen on the roof. 


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP