Lake Forest Park residential fire caused by unattended candle

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Northshore Fire Department together with units from the Shoreline Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 16200 block of 36th Ave NE in Lake Forest Park on Saturday, August 28. 

The first units were dispatched at 4:07 am and arrived to find fire on the interior and exterior of the structure. Firefighters immediately attacked the fire with a 2½-inch hose line while additional responders prepared for search and rescue. The fire was under control in approximately 20 minutes. Crews remained on scene until 7:30 am.

The owner was at home when the fire started and had evacuated safely prior to arrival of the fire department. The King County Fire Investigation Unit responded to the call and together with Fire Marshal Jeff LaFlam determined the cause to be accidental. The fire started in the master bedroom and was caused by an unattended candle. There no were injuries reported. Damage was estimated at $200,000. 


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP