Firefighter 2011 Calendar to be revealed on cruise with firefighters

Monday, August 23, 2010

And you can be there, this Friday, August 27, sailing into the sunset with the firefighters featured in the calendar - and it is all for a very good cause.

The 16th edition of the Firefighter's Calendar features 29 local firefighters, 26 men and 3 women. 

The 180 foot Royal Argosy, with the fire fighter models and guests, will set sail from Pier 56 in downtown Seattle at 7:30 pm, cruise around the Sound, and return to dock at 10 pm.

During that time, in addition to the gorgeous views inside and outside the boat, you can have your calendars autographed by the models, take photos, and participate in some lively auctions, both silent and live, hosted by KMPS radio personality Stephen Kilbreath.

General admission tickets are $49 and must be purchased in advance at BrownPaperTickets. Naturally, there are only a limited number available.  No one under 21, please.

A special option is the VIP ticket. $99 buys the cruise and an hour and a half pre-cruise dockside reception with appetizers and champagne, and easier access to the firefighters to get your calendars autographed. Pre-cruise participants board at six, and all others board at seven thirty.

The on-board silent auctions are for one of a kind posters of the firefighters and a few live auctions for adventures with the firefighters, such as white water rafting trips or ladies night out with the firefighters. Of course the new calendar will be there for the firefighters to sign.

All proceeds from the calendar go to the Washington State Council of Fire Fighters (WSCFF) Burn Foundation. The WSCFF Burn Foundation was founded in 1987 and is a 501(c)(3) charity to provide funding for burn research and burn prevention education.
The WSCFF Burn Foundation is operated solely by Washington state professional firefighters.  The Foundation employs only one staff member, thus allowing the vast majority from all fund-raising activities going to grants; 95 percent of that money stays in the state, with the other 5 percent earmarked for the International Association of Fire Fighters Burn Foundation.

For more information, contact Shoreline resident and calendar creator Rod Heivilin, 206-546-1455.


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP