Sprinkler system prevents tragedy

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A sprinkler system quickly extinguished a fire caused by combustibles placed on top of a toaster oven this morning at the Blakeley Apartments on Aurora Avenue North. 

Fire investigators say the damage was confined to a small area on the countertop and overhead cabinets. The fire could have spread quickly, done extensive damage and filled the apartment with deadly smoke without the sprinkler system.

Shoreline Fire reminds residents to watch what you heat, don't leave cooking unattended, and be sure you have working smoke alarms and an escape plan!

Want to follow Shoreline Fire activities daily? Check us out on FaceBook and Twitter. 

Photos and article from Shoreline Fire Department


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the FeedBurner email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP