Thursday, July 17, 2014
|Asphalt Project Overlay Vicinity Map|
Residents may expect temporary traffic delays and parking restrictions with the City’s annual asphalt overlay project, scheduled to run between mid-August and mid-September. Work dates are determined by the contractor and will be updated on the City website once known.
All cities make an effort to keep pavement in good condition, especially for heavily used and aging streets. Citizens may experience some inconvenience on the streets shown below. Drivers along these routes may have noticed Public Works crews’ pre-paving preparations during the past few weeks. When you see them, please be careful, slow down, and “give ‘em a brake.”
Affected roadways are:
- NE 160th Street, between 35th Avenue NE and City Limits;
- NE 178th Street, between SR 104 and Brookside Boulevard NE; and
- 40th Place NE, between 35th Avenue NE and 45th Place NE.
Transportation Improvement Board funding was secured for NE 178th Street and 40th Place NE, increasing the scope of this year’s program.
Main phases of the project are:
- Grinding – fewer than three days to complete, momentary traffic delays;
- Paving – approximately three days to complete, traffic delays of approximately 20 minutes anticipated;
- Street Surface Markings – approximately three hours to complete, momentary traffic delays.
Temporary parking restrictions, where necessary, will be handled by placement of dated “No Parking” barricades. Cars parked along overlay streets during the restricted times will be towed at the owner’s expense and will result in project delays.
The City says "We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping city staff maintain our streets. For questions please call the Lake Forest Park Public Works Department, at 206-368-5440, Ext. 125."