Woodstove cause of Lake Forest Park residential fire

Tuesday, October 26, 2010


According to the Northshore Fire Department, a wood stove was the cause of a residential structure fire in the 2900 block of NE 178th Street in Lake Forest Park on Tuesday, October 26.

The Fire Department arrived at 2:16 pm to an extinguished fire in the single-story, single-family residence. The ceiling surrounding the flue of the woodstove had charred over time and eventually caught fire. The occupant discovered the fire and extinguished it with a garden hose. There were no injuries.

Cautions about wood stoves
The Northshore Fire Department wants to remind people that wood stoves should be installed with a building permit to insure proper installation and clearances from combustible materials. All wood burning stoves and fireplaces should be cleaned and inspected prior to the start of every heating season and cleaned if necessary. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP