Monday, August 15, 2016
A Public Hearing of the Shoreline Planning Commission will be held on Thursday, August 18 at 7pm in the City Hall Council chambers, 17500 Midvale Ave N.
It will cover the details of the 145th Street Station Subarea plan package. The subarea surrounds the location of the future Sound Transit light rail station.
The subarea boundaries are not completely decided, and part of the discussion is to determine how much of the neighborhood may be included.
The plans include
- proposed re-zoning of some areas,
- updates to the Comprehensive Plan,
- revised / new development codes,
- a Planned Action Ordinance, and
- other regulations, covering sidewalks to parking to trees, etc.
According to Robin Lombard, of the 145th Street Station Citizens' Committee, "This set of plans is the culmination of about three years of meetings, discussions, open houses, etc. – some of which you probably went to.
"This is a great opportunity to give the Planning Commission your input on these plans before they make the final adjustments and send a recommendation to the City Council."
If you can't make it to the meeting, comments can be emailed to the Planning Commission but must be received by Thursday morning.
- Staff Report - Public Hearing on the 145th Street Station Light Rail Subarea Plan Package
- Attachment A - Ordinance 750
- Exhibit A - 145th Street Station Subarea Plan
- Exhibit B - Draft Comp. Plan Map
- Attachment B - Ordinance 751
- Exhibit A - Development Code Regs.
- Exhibit B - Compact Community Hybrid Map
- Attachment C - Ordinance 752
- Exhibit A - Mitigations
- Exhibit B - Development Code Regulations
- Exhibit C - 145th Draft Planned Action Boundary Map
- Attachment D - Potential Amendment by Commissioner Mork (Map)
- Staff Report (assembled)
- Full Meeting Packet (90 pages)
After this public hearing, the City Council will discuss the Planning Commission recommendation and adopt a final zoning map and plans (adoption tentatively scheduled for September 26). The City Council is not obligated to follow the recommendations of the residents, citizens, or Planning Commission.
The 145th Street Station Citizens Committee will meet next on Thursday, August 25, 7pm, at City Hall room 301, 17500 Midvale Ave N, Shoreline 98133.