Monday, October 14, 2013
|You never know who you'll meet on the Haunted Trails|
Halloween festivities at Bastyr run Fridays and Saturdays, Oct. 18-19 and 25–26
Bastyr University's annual “Haunted Trails” event is returning for another year of spooky fun! Hosted in the forest behind Bastyr University's Kenmore campus for two consecutive Fridays and Saturdays (Oct. 18-19 and 25-26), the event, now in its 15th year, is one of the Eastside’s longest-running and biggest fright fests. It includes enjoyable activities for teenagers and adults, as well as trick-or-treating and a carnival for younger children – and is all for a good cause, as proceeds benefit student study-abroad programs.
Events for ages 8 and older (7-11pm):
- Haunted Trails: Complete with ghosts, ghouls and goblins, the Haunted Trails tour through the forest offers frights and delights around every corner. Enter if you dare!
- Hades Labyrinth: With ghouls and monsters haunting all who enter, participants must find their way through a 2,400-square-foot maze of misty tunnels or be lost forever in the underworld.
- Cemetery Hill: Is there anything creepier than a foggy cemetery at night? Yes — a foggy cemetery at night, filled with the living dead!
- Circus of Horrors: Evil clowns make for a nightmarish experience under the big top.
- Mummy’s Tomb: It’s cool to see mummies of the past … until they arise.
Cost: $20 per person for all five events. Major credit cards accepted. Tickets are available for purchase at the event or online . Ticket sales and check-in begin at 6:30 pm. The event is rain or shine and all ticket sales are final.
Please note: A limited number of tickets are sold each night. Tickets are sold online and at the event, and if tickets are sold out online they may still be purchased at the event. Online buyers are encouraged to check in at the event by 8pm to reserve their space in the event line. The second weekend of Haunted Trails (Oct. 25-26) promises to get very busy and tickets can sell out as early as 8:45pm. Visitors are advised to come the first weekend, Oct. 18-19, when lines are shorter.
Events for children ages 7 and younger (5-9 p.m.):
- The Great Pumpkin’s Trick-or-Treating Adventure: Bring the kids for trick-or-treating at Bastyr University’s Garden. Take pictures of the little ones as they receive candy from some of their favorite characters. Cost is $5 per child. Cash only. (Runs 5-6:45pm)
- Children’s Carnival: Entertain the younger children with various games and indoor events just for them. Cost is dependent on activities. Cash only. (Runs 5:30-9pm)
Food, gags and more:
- Spook and Scare Shop: Buy glow sticks, glow wands, glow masks, glow Frisbees, monster balloons and more at this spook-and-scare store.
- Food and drinks: Food and drinks are available for purchase at the event and in Bastyr University’s Award-Winning Dining Commons.
- Parking: Free event parking is available on the Bastyr University campus, 14500 Juanita Drive N.E., Kenmore, WA 98028.
ABOUT HAUNTED TRAILS
Created in 1998, Bastyr University's Haunted Trails has grown in size and popularity each year. It now attracts thousands of guests from throughout the greater-Seattle area. All proceeds support the University's study abroad programs, including the Department of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine's annual study trip to China. The fundraiser is run entirely by dedicated volunteer teams of Bastyr University students, faculty and staff.
ABOUT BASTYR UNIVERSITY
As the largest accredited university for natural health arts and sciences in the U.S., Bastyr’s campus located near Seattle, Washington, offers more than 17 degree and certificate programs in fields such as naturopathic medicine, acupuncture and Oriental medicine, and whole-food nutrition.