Shoreline man dies in house fire Friday morning with his dog by his side

Friday, January 8, 2016

Greg Gibson, left, with Benjamin Arao II

According to KOMO news,

A man was found dead - with the body of his faithful dog beside him - after a house fire Friday morning in Shoreline, officials said. Four others were able to escape the flames. 
Firefighters responded to the home, in the 700 block of North 201st Street, at about 5 a.m. after receiving 911 calls about the blaze. 
Crews quickly brought the fire under control. When they went inside the burned structure, they found a man's body in the basement, along with his pet dog.

KIRO 7 identified him as Greg Gibson, about 35. He had been the music promoter for Tim's Tavern in Greenwood for the last three years.

UPDATE: The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental - a result of faulty wiring.

Updated 01-09-2016 to correct name in photo caption.


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP