Haz‐Mat Response in Kenmore

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Northshore Fire Department responded to the report of a possible hazardous materials incident at an apartment building in the 8000 block of NE Bothell Way at 6:00 a.m. this morning.

As a result of a note taped to an apartment door, firefighters requested the Eastside Hazardous Materials team for assistance. Ten residents were evacuated from adjacent units and evaluated; all were uninjured. The Haz‐Mat team detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the apartment and discovered a person overcome by the poisonous gas. The source of the carbon monoxide was from a barbeque intentionally placed in the apartment.

Upon investigation, a King County Sheriff’s representative believes the death to be suicide. 


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the Follow.it email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP