Spectacular Structure Fire in Kenmore

Friday, February 11, 2011

Photo courtesy Northshore Fire

The Northshore Fire Department responded at 7:10 p.m. on Wednesday, February 9, to a fully involved garage at a single family residence in the 6100 block of NE 192nd Street. Upon arrival; firefighters found flames coming from the garage and extending to the house.

Firefighters initially attacked the fire defensively. After initial knock down of the flames in the garage, Northshore firefighters along with personnel from Shoreline and Bothell, made an interior attack and extinguished the fire on the first and second floor. The fire was under control in approximately one hour.

One of the occupants was at home and saw flames coming from the garage; he evacuated the house safely and called 911. No one else was home at the time of the fire and there were no reported injuries.

Northshore Fire Marshal, LaFlam also responded and assisted the Fire Investigator from the King County Sheriffs Office with the investigation. The fire, which started in the garage, was determined to be accidental and was caused by an electrical malfunction. Damages are estimated at $200,000.


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the Follow.it email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP