Spartan Gym evacuated after gas leak

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Photo courtesy City of Shoreline
The Spartan Recreation Center closed Monday after a gas leak was discovered.

The fire department evacuated the gym facility while the leak was stopped, but there are some repairs that need to occur before the full heating system can be turned back on.

The fire department cleared the Center to reopen after about an hour. However, there is currently no heat in the locker rooms, the Olympic and Cascade rooms, and the lobby.

The rest of the building has heat and there is hot water. City staff are working diligently with the School District to get heat to the entire building as soon as possible.

They were talking to repair vendors on Tuesday to get an estimate on when the equipment would be fixed and the full facility would have heat.


Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.
Facebook: Shoreline Area News
Twitter: @ShorelineArea
Daily Email edition (don't forget to respond to the email)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by 2009

Back to TOP