Past and Present: Ronald School

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Photo taken about 1913. The teacher, in coat, was Agnes Coffield.
Photo courtesy of Shoreline Historical Museum


Past and Present photos of Shoreline's history as they were photographed in the past and as they look today.

Judge James Ronald
Photo courtesy of Shoreline Museum

By Wayne Pridemore

Ronald School's historical timeline:

1906   A one room wood grade school was constructed on 175th St near Linden Ave N. The land was donated by Seattle Judge James Ronald.

1910   A second room was added to the school as the population grew in the area.

1912   A two story brick building replaced the old school on the same site.

The 7th and 8th grade classes of Ronald School taken in 1919.
Photo courtesy of Shoreline Museum

1926   The brick school was expanded, adding six rooms on the west side of the school.

1970   The last class graduated from the school. It was closed due to funding shortages in the Shoreline School District.

1976   The Shoreline School District founded the Shoreline Historical Museum as a Bicentennial project and the museum had space there for the next thirty years.

Photo taken on Feb 11, 2017. The cupola was damaged in an earthquake
and is in storage. Photo by Wayne Pridemore

2011   The building was vacated in preparation of the construction of a new Shorewood High School and the old school building was updated as a wing of the new building.

2013   The new Shorewood High School opened with the Ronald School building incorporated into the new structure as a performing arts wing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP