Friday, May 19, 2017
By Evan Smith
Candidates can register online until 4pm or in person at the King County Elections office in Renton until 4:30pm.
Among unopposed positions on the ballot are:
- three of the four Lake Forest Park City Council positions
- two of the four Shoreline City Council positions
- the one Lake Forest Park Water District Board position
- the one North City Water District position
- one of the three Northshore Utility District positions
- one Ronald Wastewater District Board position
- one of the two Shoreline Fire District Board positions
Unopposed Lake Forest Park City Council candidates are incumbents Mark Phillips, John Resha and Samra Riddle
Unopposed Shoreline City Council candidates are incumbents Will Hall and Christopher Roberts.
Shoreline so far has the only contest that will require a primary. It's the position in which incumbent Shari Winstead already has three challengers.
Incumbent King County Councilman Rod Dembowski has yet to file for the position he holds representing Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and the rest of Council District 1. If no one files Friday, there will be a special filing period next week.
Both Shoreline School Board positions on the ballot have two candidates.
Non-partisan positions with three or more candidates appear on the Aug. 1 primary election ballot, with the top two vote getters qualifying for the Nov. 7 general election ballot. Positions with only one or two candidates appear only on the November ballot.