Thursday, April 13, 2017
Spread the word! Third Place Commons is seeking a Farmers Market Set-up Assistant for the 2017 Lake Forest Park Farmers Market season. The farmers market is a valuable and cherished part of our community, and now it needs someone special to make that market magic possible.
This is a seasonal, contract position for the full market season, beginning Sunday, May 14th through Sunday, October 15th.
Weekly Set-Up and Take-Down Responsibilities Include:
- Set-up and take-down of Community and Information/Welcome booths. Typical configuration of these booths includes:
- Two adjacent Community Tents (canopies) with four 6’ tables and approximately 12-15 chairs;
- One Information/Welcome Tent (canopy) with one 6’ table, 3 chairs, several storage boxes of materials, two A-frame signs, and assorted other booth supplies.
- Additional canopies, set-up needs, or booth materials may occasionally be required.
- Set-up and take-down of large, A-Frame signs in 4 designated and permitted locations around Lake Forest Park Town Center parking perimeter (suitable vehicle required to load and transport signs to and from each location).
- Set-up and removal of designated trash bins.
- Candidate must be extremely reliable with demonstrated history of highly dependable performance in a role with personal accountability.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40-50 lbs. (e.g. collapsible tent/canopies)
- Enthusiasm for farmers markets and sustainable, local food communities a plus.
Work Schedule: Weekly, every Sunday (rain or shine) from May 14, 2017 through October 15, 2017. Set-up must be completed each Sunday by 8:15 AM and take-down must begin at 3:00 PM.
Pay: $75 per market day set-up/takedown throughout season. An additional 1-3 special Fall markets may be added in November and December and would be paid at same rate if added.
Get full position description here.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three references (at least one professional and/or supervisory) via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled, however priority consideration will be given to applications received by Sunday, April 23rd.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone hard-working and responsible to get involved with our beloved community market while helping to make healthy, locally grown and produced foods accessible to our larger community. Please pass it on and help make our local LFP Farmers Market great for another season!