Sunday, January 15, 2017
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound top sirloin, thinly sliced across grain
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles to serve
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add curry paste and stir until soft and mixed with oil.
Add beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until browned, but still pink in center.
Stir in shiitakes.
Add chicken broth and simmer until beef is cooked and shiitakes are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add edamame and stir until hot.
Add fish sauce, sugar and salt.
Remove from heat and stir in basil and lime zest.
Serve hot with rice or noodles.
Recipe from Town and Country Market Bainbridge aka Central Market - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.