Thursday, January 19, 2017
To the Editor:
When moving to LFP nearly a dozen years ago, I had heard that the Shoreline School District was good. This was important since our son was a toddler and we expected to be a part of the public school community. What I didn't realize was how good the schools would be - and how much admiration and respect I would end up having for the District administration, staff and teachers. With an upcoming bond election on February 14th, it is critical that we continue to support our schools.
What makes Shoreline School District worthy of your vote?
- The level of communication from the District is outstanding, as is transparency on nearly every issue and decision, no matter how controversial.
- The Superintendent does an exceptional job of connecting with individual schools and values partnership with our PTAs.
- Schools are encouraged to keep their unique school culture and methods of delivering quality instruction, while the District keeps an eye on standards alignment.
- The School Board considers staffing/program additions, as the budget allows. We now have staffed Career Centers in both high schools, an Equity Director and a regularly updated curriculum.
- Nearly every student is taught by an educator who meets the definition of a Highly Qualified Teacher.
These things, of course, have nothing to do with buildings - and the February 14th vote will be for a construction bond. But quality school buildings help ensure that our facilities adequately support the needs of teachers and students and help provide the exceptional learning environment that Shoreline schools are known for.
Show your love for Shoreline schools and vote yes on the school bond!!
Lake Forest Park