Friday, January 27, 2017
|Photo by Steven H. Robinson|
Did you miss the last Tree Board Informational Session? Here's another chance.
The City is seeking well-qualified volunteers to join the Board for a minimum of one - three-year term. Attendance at a meeting such as this one is a prerequisite of Board membership.
Who Can Join?
- Lake Forest Park Residents;
- Lake Forest Park Property Owners, and;
- Non-residents/property owners who have experience in environmental sciences, forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, landscaping, landscape architecture, urban planning, or urban design.
- Provide outreach and education to the community on tree-related issues
- Organize and facilitate the City's tree planting events and other public events involving trees
- Provide advice to City Council on policy and regulatory issues involving trees
City staff will explain in detail the duties and responsibilities of Board members and answer questions from the public. After this session, the City will begin accepting applications for Tree Board members.
While you do not need to attend the session to apply, attendance at this session fulfills the first requirement for board membership, and is strongly encouraged.
RSVP by Tuesday, January 31. RSVP is not required, but strongly encouraged to help with logistical planning for the meeting.
More information about the Tree Board here