Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Contract CPA Job Description
Wonderland Developmental Center
This position is responsible for the agency’s month-end entries, profit and loss budget comparison, balance sheet account reconciliations, and provides annual audit preparation support in April and May. This is a contract position that works with the business manager and executive director. Average of 10 hours a month, including some in-office training and support.
- Create journal entries and/or adjustments for payroll, Insurance, depreciation, quarterly taxes and year-end accruals
Profit and loss budget comparison
- Create adjusting entries for any unearned revenue
- Create adjusting entries for any prepaid expense
- Review other year-end accruals
Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Allocate payroll by class
- Provide medical billing insurance analysis
- Review assets for adjustments
- CPA license
- Strong knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks
- Strong computer skills, literacy, and confidence, especially Excel and remote access work
- Non-profit experience a big plus
- Motivated, deadline-keeping self-starter
- Service-oriented personality
- Willing to work on-site for up to a few hours a month
Send resumes and/or inquiries to Mary Kirchoff
Wonderland was founded in 1969 by a group of dedicated parents and the Choshi Junior Women's Club to help just three children with developmental disabilities. In 2016 we currently serve approximately 190 children ages birth to three with special needs and their families per month in north King and south Snohomish counties. We are located at 2402 NW 195th Place, Shoreline, WA 98177.
Wonderland's mission is to empower families and their children with special needs. to reach their full potential as they live, learn, and play.