Saturday, October 8, 2016
|Shoreline Community College|
Criteria below. Please also find the ACT criteria and nomination form here.
To nominate a current or former student: Please complete pages 3 and 4 on the nomination form, include the written statement from the nominee and return to Lori Yonemitsu at email@example.com no later than 4:30 PM on Friday, October 21, 2016.
The nominee may be either a current or former Washington CTC student who has 1) Made significant progress toward completing a degree or certificate that has helped the individual prepare for success in future endeavors or 2) Completed a degree or certificate within the past three years that has helped the individual prepare for success in future endeavors.
The nominee must share in written format** (maximum 750 words) about overcoming barriers to achieve higher education goals and how the education and support received at the individual’s CTC was life transforming. The following questions must be answered in order for the nomination to be eligible for consideration:
- If applicable, what were the barriers or obstacles that originally prevented you from attending a community or technical college?
- What compelled you to attend a community or technical college?
- Why did you choose Shoreline Community College?
- Is there/was there an individual or program at Shoreline Community College you feel made a difference in your success? If so, please explain.
- What is next for you and what are your goals for your future?
- If you could share one piece of advice for other students or for those who are unsure about their ability to attend a community or technical college, what would that be?
**Please note: The written submissions (and photos) of each of the thirty-four nominees will be published in a Transforming Lives Booklet. The booklet is widely distributed to Legislators, CTC Stakeholders, the Public, and is posted to the ACT’s website.