Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Lake Forest Park Garden Club's speaker for Tuesday, October 11 meeting will be Nita-Jo Rountree.
"Hydrangeas: What, How, Wow!" Illustrations of latest and greatest, tried and true, and rare and unusual cultivars: how to care for them including pruning techniques, how to dry flowers, and how to use them in the garden.
Nita-Jo has an extensive gardening biography:
- Past President of the NW Horticultural Society
- Heronswood Steering Committee
- Board of Directors, Bellevue Botanical Garden Society
- Lifetime Georgie Master Gardener
- Owner of LeGrand Gardens, a landscape design and installation company in Atlanta until moving to Seattle in 2001
- Featured on the HGTV television show "Gardening by the Yard"
- Frequent speaker at the NW Flower and Garden Show
- Personal garden featured in Pacific Northwest Magazine
- Advisory Board NW Horticultural Society
The Garden Club meets at Lake Forest Park Town Center, Upper level at the Stage area at 9:15 for general meeting and the speaker is at 10:30am. Ballinger Way NE and Bothell Way NE.
All are welcome to come hear her speak. If interested in joining the LFP Garden club you can come to two talks for free and then if you join it is $25 a year. We meet monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Novices and experienced gardeners are welcome.