Sunday, October 2, 2016
Get Your Art On at Sketchcrawl: Free Play Art Day
Sunday, October 2, Noon – 2pm
FREE and Awesome
Town Center at Lake Forest Park
17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park
Join the Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council for an art-filled day of fun! The Arts Council has invited artists from all over the region to come to the Town Center and sketch what they see:
- Shoppers in The Gallery at Town Center and the Farmer’s Market
- People browsing in the bookstore
- Friends having a meal in The Commons
- Budding artists creating new works
For fun loving and adventurous souls:
- Check out Experimentation Stations where you can try a new art media and make your own masterpieces! Artists will be on-hand to help with casual instructions at this free-play area. All ages welcome.
New this year: Sketchcrawl Passports!
- Pick up a Sketchcrawl Passport, have it stamped at all of the Experimentation Stations, and earn free tickets to 6X6NW or other fun prizes for your participation.
What exactly is a Sketchcrawl?
The basic idea is to get artists out of the studio and into the public sphere where they can create while engaging the public. By sketching out in public artists are able to talk about their craft, answer questions, and give instructions to budding artists. The community gets the chance to watch art-in-action, engage with the making process, and discover talented artists that they never knew before.
For those interested in joining Sketchcrawl as an official sketcher:
Register online, then check in at 11:45am at Third Place Commons. The first 10 sketchers to sign up will receive a free event t-shirt.
For art patrons: Take the time to browse through the work of over 90 local artists in the Gallery at Town Center, proceeds from sales at the gallery go to support the arts and arts education in the Shoreline and Lake Forest Park Communities.
This event is sponsored by the Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council and all artists are welcome.
The Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to cultivate creativity and inspire our community through the arts.