Saturday, September 17, 2016
RecycleFest Saturday, 9-17-16, 9am to 3pm, Sears Rear Parking Lot, 15711 Aurora Ave N, 98133
Shoreline’s RecycleFest offers residents the opportunity to recycle items, which would otherwise be difficult to recycle. Foam blocks and a variety of construction materials will be accepted, as well as bicycles in any condition, which will be donated to Bike Works.
RecycleFest is free for all Shoreline residents.
Event flyers providing a detailed list of accepted items were mailed to all residents. Bring the event flyer or your driver’s license with a Shoreline address as proof of residence.
Note that only pick-up trucks or smaller vehicles will be allowed to enter.
Trailers needed to be preapproved.
Detailed information here.
• Concrete, asphalt, and rock (No gravel, painted bricks, fencing or metal posts)
• Plastics (Plastic plant pots, buckets, PVC pipe (white only), and household items such as plastic furniture and laundry baskets)
• Roofing shingles (Asphalt and wood shingles in old and new condition)
• Sheetrock and Porcelain (Only dry sheetrock and porcelain toilets and sinks. Remove all non-porcelain hardware.)
• Carpet and padding (Dry items and no rubber padding)
• Scrap metal (Ovens, stoves, hot water heaters, washers, dryers, dish washers, coated wire, etc. Lawn mowers and barbeques, drain or remove all fuels.)
• Scrap lumber (Stained wood OK. No treated wood, painted wood, or particle board)
• Cardboard (Clean and dry)
• Bicycles (All types, conditions, and parts)
• Foam blocks and packing peanuts (Clean and dry)
Do not bring:
• Hazardous materials (Paint, chemicals, etc.)
• Refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units
• Electronics including televisions, computers, and monitors
• Yard debris, stumps, and branches
• Plate glass (Window glass with or without frames)
• Tile and linoleum
• Mattresses and furniture
• Hot tubs
• Doors, cabinets, and wall paneling
• Items with bees, hornets, or wasps