Sunday, June 5, 2016
By Marianne Deal Stephens
At the regularly scheduled Shoreline School Board Meeting on Monday, June 6, 2016, the School District will present recommendations for major construction projects.
In the past year, the District has studied several aspects of Shoreline Schools, including: current enrollment; building capacities; condition of facilities; projections for enrollment growth; instructional needs of Early Learning, Highly Capable, and Middle School programs.
On May 9, the Instructional Program Planning Committee recommended that the District (see previous article):
- Consolidate all Early Learning programs in one location;
- Leave the Highly Capable Program as is;
- Implement a 6/7/8 Middle School model.
The June 6 agenda will have a few additional items:
- Curricular recommendations for Special Education, English Language Arts, and Social Studies
- Updates to Policies 3317 and Policy 3210
- Commissioning of Shorecrest and Shorewood High School Replacement Projects
- Approval of new courses for grades 8, 10-12
View the full agenda on the School Board Agendas and Minutes page. Monday’s meeting is scheduled for 7:00pm at the Shoreline Center, 18560 1st Avenue NE, Shoreline