Across the fence: Morning power outage in Mountlake Terrace caused by squirrel

Thursday, June 9, 2016

From MLTNews.com

Several homes and businesses, including City Hall, lost power in Mountlake Terrace early Wednesday morning after a squirrel got into a circuit breaker on one of the power poles in the downtown area. The circuit breaker then exploded and caught fire.

The squirrel did not survive.

Power was switched back on for all customers around 8 a.m.

PUD spokesman Aaron Swaney said crews will be working to replace the affected circuit breaker. Any additional damage is unknown.



1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 9, 2016 at 3:50 PM  

Did the squirrel get a charge out of it?

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP