Friday, May 20, 2016
|Photo courtesy Bastyr University|
May 21, 2016 10:00am - 5:00pm at Bastyr University, 14500 Juanita Drive NE, Kenmore
Join Bastyr University for the 18th annual Herb and Food Fair on Saturday, May 21, a free festival that brings thousands of visitors to the Kenmore campus.
With gardens blooming and the campus forest buzzing with new life, it's a great time to soak up spring colors and learn about the endless uses of plants. The theme for this year's event is "Enlightened Earth: Feeding your mind, body and spirit."
- Educational speakers and workshops
- Cooking demonstrations from nutrition and botanical medicine experts
- Nutritious and delicious homemade food
- Tours of the Medicinal Herb Garden
- Guided walks through the surrounding woods
- Plant sale with medicinal and culinary plant starts from Bastyr's organic garden
- Live music and entertainment
- Children's activities, including face painting and games
Transportation and Parking
Visitors can park for free at the Kenmore Park and Ride at 7346 N.E. Bothell Way and take the free Bastyr shuttle directly to the Herb and Food Fair. The bus runs every 30 minutes from 9:30am to 5:30pm. Limited parking is also available on campus for $5. Bastyr University is located at 14500 Juanita Drive NE, Kenmore, adjacent to St. Edward State Park. No event parking is permitted at St. Edward State Park.