Monday, March 21, 2016
Scholarship are offered from Driftwood in increments of a minimum of $500 each.
Eligibility for Edmonds Driftwood Players Scholarships:
- Be graduating high school seniors or currently attending college. Have a permanent residence (usually where their parents live) in South Snohomish or King Counties
- Have demonstrated talent in the theater arts (performing or technical areas) and intend to study theater arts in college
- There is no limit on the number of times the student can apply for their college attendance years
Applicants are required to submit the following documentation to be considered for a scholarship award:
- Applicant name, current address, phone number, and e-mail address. If a minor-parent/guardian name(s) and address(s) are also required.
- Name of your current school and counselor or advisor
- A list of high school or college extracurricular activities, and any awards or honors received.
- Intended college for fall 2016
- A letter of recommendation from your school’s drama teacher or other theater mentor.
- An essay of 300-500 words about your interest in theater arts and what you plan to study in college
- Transcripts of grades, including the 1st semester of senior year or latest quarter/semester of college.
- Date of awards ceremonies at your high school (if applicable).
Send Application Documents postmarked by April 30, 2016 to:
Edmonds Driftwood Players
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 385
Edmonds, WA 98020