Friday, March 25, 2016
|Benji, a 5-month-old big-eared Flemish Giant rabbit,|
is available for adoption at Seattle Humane in Bellevue
The Seattle Humane Society reminds pet owners of some Easter-related perils for pets
The foods we enjoy cooking and eating can be a problem for your pet. Rich, spicy or fatty food can cause problems ranging from stomach upset to severe pancreatitis. Make sure they have healthy treats and reduce their food at mealtime accordingly.
Additionally, don’t leave candy out. Chocolate can be fatal to animals, especially cats and small dogs.
This common Easter basket filler is tempting for our pets, particularly cats. When ingested, Easter grass can cause irritation or obstruction of your pet’s intestines. These digestive problems can result in a decrease in energy level and appetite, vomiting and diarrhea and could require several days in the vet hospital.
Although these flowers are beautiful and festive, they are poisonous plants if ingested by our pets. Common symptoms are vomiting, lethargy and loss of appetite. If you suspect your pet has eaten a lily, seek veterinary care. Instead of chancing a trip to the vet, try faux lilies for the same look, but without the risk!
Pets are curious by nature and their noses are much more sensitive than a human’s nose – they can’t resist all of the delicious smells. Keep a close watch on your pet to ensure a safe holiday for everyone.