Wednesday, March 2, 2016
The deadline for the Arts Council’s call for the 2016 Shoreline Arts Festival Artist Marketplace has been extended to 10:59pm on Monday, March 7. Apply today for a chance to become one of the 70+ juried artists that make up the beating heart of our summer celebration of the arts!
The Shoreline Arts Festival is a free community event that gathers 10,000+ art lovers at Shoreline Center for two extraordinary days of art, culture, music, food, and more. The vibrant Artist Marketplace is situated in the most prominent street front of the Festival, with booths occupying the large space between the Shoreline Center building and 1st Ave NE.
• All work must be handmade. No commercially produced work, kits, or imported goods
• All work must be original and created by or under direction of the artists(s).
• Artist(s) must attend the entire Festival (June 25, 10am – 6pm and June 26, 10am –5pm).
• Items must match type & quality submitted for jurying. No work by non-juried artists.
Two types of outdoor booth spaces are available:
• 10’ x 10’ uncovered, on asphalt: $175
• 10′ x 20′ uncovered, on asphalt: $350
All booths must withstand Northwest weather conditions, with canopies weighted against wind. Tables and chairs are available for rental. Overnight security is provided. In addition to booth fee, a Shoreline business licenses may be needed.
The jury panel includes working artists, gallery managers, and/or Festival directors, who determine the balance of categories and select the artists. Category sizes are based in part on average sales from previous years, and the organizers strive for a well-balanced mix of art types and price points, with emphasis always on quality of craftsmanship and vision. Jury decisions are confidential.
How to apply
Submit your application and $20 application fee online via Call for Entry by 10:59pm on Monday, March 7.