Monday, March 28, 2016
|The Satanic Purses|
Entry from Pam Thompson 2013
The Shoreline and Lake Forest Park Edible Books Festival is being held Saturday, April 2, 2016 at Third Place Commons 17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, 98155.
Readers, start your ovens! It’s time for the Edible Book Festival, a consumable art exhibition featuring “books” made of food that are displayed, documented, and then devoured.
Do you have an idea for a mouthwatering manuscript? A succulent storybook? A “punny” take on a literary favorite? Then register your edible book on the Arts Council website by Thursday, March 31 and whip up something to tickle our tastebuds (and maybe our funny bones) during the Edible Book Festival at Third Place Commons on Saturday, April 2.
|Drawing on the Right Side of the Brainna Cotta|
2013 Entry from Cindy Englehart
Your creation should be inspired by a book, or pun on a book title, and made out of edible ingredients sweet or savory. It may look like a book, tablet, or scroll, or be completely unique. Check out the Books 2 Eat website for inspiration.
It’s free to participate and you’ll be eligible to win fabulous prizes from Third Place Books. K-12 grade participants are particularly welcome.
This is a free, all ages event and books will be judged in the following categories:
- Most PUNderful
- Best Visual Presentation
- Most Creative Use of Ingredients
- Special Judge’s Award
- People’s Choice Award
Entries will be judged in two age brackets: Adult and K-12.
Everyone present can vote for the People’s Choice Award.
- 11:00am – Check in. Bring your creation (along with the book that was your inspiration) and appropriate serving utensils to Third Place Commons.
- 12:00pm – Judging, viewing, and documentation. If you want to come and view the books without submitting an entry, please come at this time. This is also the time to submit your vote for the People’s Choice Award.
- 1:00pm – All ballots handed in.
- 1:15pm – Prizes awarded.
- 1:30pm – Consume the edible books. (with PUNch and coffee)
Event partners, Friends of Third Place Commons and Third Place Books, are donating the incredible prizes.