Saturday, January 23, 2016
|Kayla Telford. "Tuesday after Tea", Shorecrest High School/Visual Art|
The exceptionally creative works of 158 Shoreline students were celebrated at the Shoreline PTA Council’s Reflections Art Reception on January 7, 2016.
These 158 students were selected by their dedicated, hardworking local PTAs from hundreds of submissions to compete at the PTA Council Level.
All students were encouraged by their local PTAs to reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. Judging for Reflections happens at the School, Council, District, State, and National levels.
This year’s Reflections theme was “Let Your Imagination Fly”. Shoreline PTA Council judges selected the works of 30 students from the 158 submissions based on their creativity, originality and representation of theme to move on to the State competition. All finalists received ribbons.
The 30 finalist pieces going on to the Washington State Competition are:
- Abbie Krawczyk, Let Your Imagination Fly", Ridgecrest, Intermediate/Literature
- Ameena Majeed, Constellation", Meridian Park, Intermediate/Music Composition
- Benyamin Boujari, "Mirage", Shorewood, High School/Music Composition
- Daisy Cui, "The Sky of My Imagination", Meridian Park, Intermediate/Visual Art
- Eleanor Shirts, "Ba-Boom!", Echo Lake, Intermediate/Music Composition
- Emily DiGianni, "Turtle Bug", Shorecrest, High School/Visual Art
- Emily Wong, "A Secret World under the Sea", Meridian Park, Intermediate/Visual Art
- Emma Kellogg, "Otherworldly Flight", Ridgecrest, Intermediate/Visual Art
- Escher Crawford, "Doctor vs. Wizard", Ridgecrest, Intermediate/Film Production
- Flora Cummings, "From Sea to Sky, From Sky to Sea", Brookside, Middle School/Literature
- Fred Liu, "A Tour of Imagination", Einstein, Middle School/Visual Art
- Grace Moore, "Drip, Drop", Ridgecrest, Middle School /Literature
- Imran Majeed, "Thoughts outside the Box", Einstein, Middle School/Music Composition
- Ivy Ren, "Snowflake Island", Meridian Park, Primary/Visual Art
- Josephine Cunningham, "Beauty", Lake Forest Park, Primary/Literature
- Julia Nakayama, "A Book Can Help Me Fly", Echo Lake, Primary/Visual Art
- Karsten Lomax, "A Cracked Sky", Einstein, Middle School/Photography
- Kate Lydin, "57th and 8th", Shorewood, High School/Photography
- Kayla Telford. "Tuesday after Tea", Shorecrest High School/Visual Art
- Maddie Sokolowsk, "Touch the Sky", Briarcrest Intermediate/Photography
- Mahima Bhargava, "Rainbow Slide", Syre, Primary/Visual Art
- Malia Megargee, "Just My Imagination", Einstein, Middle School/Literature
- Malia Megargee, "Soaring", Einstein, Middle School/Music Composition
- Malia Megargee, "Wings", Einstein, Middle School/Visual Art
- Mercy Haub, "Awaiting", Meridian Park, Middle School/Literature
- Piper Marshall, "Fly into Your Dreams", Ridgecrest, Intermediate/Photography
- Sarah Haycox, "Wonders", Meridian Park, Primary/Photography
- Tara Hanks, "Daydream of a Flying Mouse", Lake Forest Park, Intermediate/Music Comp
- Teagan Wood, "Untitled", Shorecrest, High School/Visual Art
- Vance Cunningham, "Falling Feather", Lake Forest Park, Middle School/Photography
The National PTA Reflections program was created to support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in local school communities through the arts. All PTAs are encouraged to participate. National PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts.
Washington State PTA Reflections 2016 Awards will be available in late February. National PTA Reflections 2016 Awards will be announced on May 1.