Friday, March 1, 2013
|Hats by Shoreline Knitters|
Photo by Sis Polin
The daffodils are popping up and we're already gearing up for next winter to keep those in need warm. During Thanksgiving 2012, local knitters donated over 200 hundred hats to Youth Care and Tent City 3. With your help we can do even more in 2013. This year all of the donations will be distributed to Shoreline organizations helping the needy.
We are expanding to two projects: Warm Hats and Mittens
These can be knitted, crocheted or sewn in all sizes. To participate:
1. *Pick up one of our craft bags to make a hat or mittens; includes yarn or fleece and instructions. You supply the needles or sewing skills.
2. Craft on your own or create your own group.
3. Join the Shoreline knitters at Haggen's Market Street Cafe on 175th, Thursdays from 1:00 to 3:30. We are happy to help beginners.
|Photo by Sis Polin|
*Free Craft bags can be picked up at the following locations:
- MPNA Ice Cream Social, Meridan Park School, 3/14 @ 7pm
- Shoreline Farmers' Market starting in June
- Shoreline Knitters @ Haggen's (see above)
We have a limited number of bags but will have printed instructions available at these events or email Sis Polin.
Drop off your wonderful creations at the Shoreline City Hall lobby or Haggens on 175th, next to customer service.
And finally, we will have a surprise display at Haggens during the winter Holiday season.