Shoreline Breakfast Rotary Club Awards $7,000 in Merit Scholarships to Shorewood High School Students
Friday, May 27, 2011
|Rotary members say "Congratulations to this year’s winners and their families." Bill Dunbar, Vocational Services Chair, is on the left. President Jim Abbott is on the right.|
On May 18, 2011, the Shoreline Breakfast Rotary Club recognized the outstanding achievements of seven Shorewood High School students with its Vocational Scholarships. The award winners demonstrated academic excellence and leadership in community service, and displayed the promise of continuing to contribute to their communities in ways that match the ideals of Rotary.
Each student received a $1,000 scholarship to defray tuition and qualifying expenses at the college or university of their choice.
This year’s Rotary Vocational Scholars are:
- Shayla Allen, who plans to study environmental engineering at Cal Polytechnic State University.
- Mackenzie Bang, who will be studying exercise physiology and physical therapy at Seattle Pacific University.
- Sorcha Connor-Boyle, who plans to study elementary education at Gonzaga University.
- Clara Lam, who plans to study business and marketing at the University of Washington
- Wendy Lee, who will be pursuing a pre-med course of study (pediatrics) at Seattle Pacific University.
- Lisa Santroch, who will be studying business administration at Pepperdine University
- Taylor Wilson, pursuing a pre-med course of study (biology and global health) at the University of Washington