LFP History #1: Logging railroad along Lyon Creek

Friday, November 19, 2010

Lake Forest Park celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2011. Courtesy of the City of Lake Forest Park and the Shoreline Historical Museum, The ShorelineAreaNews will be reprinting the historical series about Lake Forest Park which originally appeared in the Towne Crier in 2009.


The railroad engine “Peggy” used by French and Fish Logging Company, which operated in various locations around the north end of Lake Washington. (Circa 1905),  Photo courtesy of Shoreline Historical Museum


January 2009: Lake Forest Park History

Welcome to our new historical section of the Town Crier, with special thanks to Vicki Stiles, Director of the Shoreline Historical Museum.

In every edition over the next few years, we will celebrate the long history of “The Park.” These photos will help lead up to Lake Forest Park’s anniversary in 2011, when we celebrate 50 years of incorporation. This area has always had a strong sense of community, even before it became known as a Town, so let’s begin the journey down memory lane …

The logging railroad in Lake Forest Park ran alongside Lyon Creek and Fish’s Landing logging camp was in close proximity to the current Towne Centre shopping area. The engine for the railroad came from the New York City elevated railway, was dismantled and moved west by transcontinental railway to its new owners.

Bender, Barbara L. Drake Growing Up With Lake Forest Park: Early Decades in “North Seattle”. Seattle: Creative Communications, 1983

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP