Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Registration for Shoreline Goodwill’s free classes in computers, cashiering and English begins December 13 at Shoreline Goodwill’s Job Training and Education Center located at 14500 15th Ave NE. The eight week session runs from January 3 through February 24, 2011.
The center has added additional classes in basic computers and English, but expects them to fill up fast.
The center will register students on the following days:
- All computer classes: December 13 and 14; 10 am
- Cashiering class: December 20 and 21; 11 am
- All English classes: December 22 at 2 pm and December 29 at 11 am. (it is possible to register for English classes outside of these times. Contact the center directly for more information).
The center will offer the following classes:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – These include basic and intermediate courses designed to accommodate a wide range of English skills.
- Level 1: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 am
- Level 2: Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2 pm
- Level 3: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 pm
- Basic Computer Classes – Introductory courses for people with little or no computer experience.
- Computer Fundamentals: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 am to 12 pm or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 2:30 pm.
- Microsoft Word: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 am to 12 pm.
- Microsoft Excel: Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 to 2:30 pm.
- Cashiering and Customer Service – Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4 pm.
- Career Building Assistance – On Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 to 10 am, instructors can help people with job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interview practice and more.
For class availability and enrollment information, call 206-631-8460.