King County Landmarks: Crawford Store (1922), Richmond Beach

Sunday, June 27, 2010



Address: 2411 NW 195th Place, Shoreline. 

The Crawford Store is the last intact retail building in the historic Richmond Beach business district. John Holloway, an early resident of Richmond Beach, built the two-story structure in 1922. 

The building, with a large covered front porch, faces the road that once led to the railroad depot. Langford and Eva Crawford were the first in a long line of shopkeepers who operated the store and lived in the apartment upstairs.

Sources:
King County Landmarks and Heritage Commission. 
By Heather MacIntosh

Photo, top: Crawford Store, Richmond Beach, ca. 1937
Courtesy Washington State Archives 
Photo, below: Crawford Store, Richmond Beach, ca. 1957
Courtesy Washington State Archives

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage the thoughtful sharing of information and ideas. We expect comments to be civil and respectful, with no personal attacks or offensive language. We reserve the right to delete any comment.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP